6.8 Hectares of New Park!
The transformation of Hastings Park is underway. The Park which includes Hastings Racecourse, PNE and Empire Field will turned into a year-round destination for park use. Highlights of the transformation include relocating and expanding Playland, connecting to Burrard Inlet, adding park space and natural habitats, creating celebratory spaces, and acknowledging Hasting Park's history.
The park will include apporximately 50 acres of new park space. We are told that we can expect the new park and all it has to offer to be ready by the fall of 2014.
Here are most of the features:
- Full size soccer fields with Junior soccer and Ultimate lines
- Abundant spectator seating
- Parking lot with approximately 75 stalls
- Greenway of undulating terrain
- 3.25 km of pedestrian and bicycle paths
- Rubberized surface running track
- Parkour area
- Sand volleyball courts
- Improvements to the entrance to Leeside Tunnel skate park
This project is estimated to cost $10,500,000.00
Empire Field Rendering
Hastings Park Rendering
Love the track!
Post Your Comment: